Friday, September 23, 2011

Facebook makes me younger!

I admit that I am not very good at using using Facebook or knowing what it is asking. However, I was somewhat amused by the status update that I had added Padre Conceicao College to my educational qualifications.

How did it happen?

I got a request that some of my Facebook friends have said that they were at the college at the same time as I. It wanted me to confirm that fact. It seemed like a trivial issue and I confirmed it.

Facebook said that this fact has been added to my profile. What! I did not state that. Oh, well. I do not take Facebook seriously so it mattered little.

So, now I have said to the world that I was a student at this college at the age of 55 when in fact my relationship with the friends was that they were in the classes I was teaching :)


1 comment:

  1. Facebook did such a terrible job of educating the users about what to expect from smart lists that it resulted in lots of such situations.

    When the smart lists rolled out, I organized all my friends into the different lists. Only later I realized that I have sent nearly 300 notifications to different friends telling that I attended high school with them, or that we live at the same place etc. Weird.

    ReplyDelete