Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Lenovo Wifi resolved

I decided to test the ideapad-laptop driver from 
git://kernel.ubuntu.com/ikepanhc/ideapad-laptop.git

I had thought that I would just need to compile and install just the driver. I, instead, needed to rebuild the kernel. The version was 2.6.36rc8. I also downloaded and installed the Broadcom wl driver, which, however, does not seem to be recognized - so far.

The nice aspect was that bluetooth was recognized and indicated that it was disabled. I enabled it and the wifi led worked!

I rebooted in the normal kernel and the wifi worked without needing to suspend the system and resume it.

It feels good to be able to resolve this problem without having to install windows - thanks to Ike Panhc and David Woodhouse. 

For more details about the driver: https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/119373/

 

No comments:

Post a Comment